Recommendations for the candidates
Before making the decision about becoming a rope access technician we recommend candidates to attend The Rope Access Introduction Course and also bear in mind that employers in this area will look for the certain persona and physical features as recommended in IRATA International Code of Practise 184.108.40.206:
Employers should seek to ensure that rope access technicians, including trainees, have
- - a suitable attitude and aptitude in addition to their IRATA International qualification. These include;
- - a head for heights;
- - a natural ability or potential for rope access work;
- - the ability to work in a team;
- - a responsible attitude to safety;
- - a willingness to improve their skills;
- - a professional standard of behaviour.
Candidates also should have clear understanding that the rope access actually is only the method of reaching the workplace, and person that planning the career in the rope access area is also required to possess the skills needed to perform the work tasks once the workplace is reached.